Limete industriel, Kinshasa
9.4 km to Gare Central
Along major fibre routes
Tier III Standard
Up to 400 Racks
2 – 21 kW per rack
The DR Congo is one of Africa’s largest and fastest-growing markets, with demand for digital products and services forecasted to soar in the coming years with new subsea cables landing and expansion of inland terrestrial fibre networks.
DRC1 Data Centre key specificationsDownload DRC1 Data Sheet
Our 24×7 facility is ideally located along key fibre routes, delivering best-in-class colocation, cross-connect, fibre and IT infrastructure services. Raxio DR Congo can house up to 400 racks and deliver 1.5MW of IT power. The site offers full redundancy with concurrent maintainability and seven layers of physical security.
- The data centre is located 9.4 km from Gare Centrale, Kinshasa town centre
- Situated in Limete industriel 12 ième rue which is purpose-built for industries
- Along major fibre routes and rings
- Approximately 10 minutes away to central Kinshasa
- Purpose build facility from ground up
- Long-term leasehold
- 54U 600x1200mm racks
- Two floors
- 1,056m2 of white space
- Flexible IT space with ability to create bespoke environments as required
Main Structural Features
- Administration block and ancillary building are traditional construction
- Data hall and MEP rooms is steel frame with concrete floors with vertical steel plate wall
- 5.9M slab to slab height
- Floor loading 20 T/m2
- 33kV utility supply directly fed from the nearest Substation
- 2N power redundancy from MV Transformer, Generator, UPS, Busbar to Rack PDU
- Fully diverse power distribution to technical areas
Fuel Backup Storage
- On-site fuel storage to support 48 hours at full capacity with 24x7x365 fuel delivery
- 7 min UPS autonomy
- 1.5MW of installed cooling provision initially
Minimum N+1 resilience on all systems
- Humidity in technical space is controlled within the recommended range of ASHRAE TC9.9
- Energy efficient indirect adiabatic cooling
- Environmental Sustainable with PuE of 1.3
- Carrier neutral with 11 connectivity providers terminating fibre to the facility
- With access to multiple global and regional carriers and Internet service providers offering
- Dark Fibre, IP Transit, Peering, CDN, Storage, Virtualised Services (SDN), Voice and Mobile Services
- Access to multiple cloud services through leading public, private and hybrid cloud solution providers
- 2 dedicated Meet Me Rooms
- 2 diverse fibre intake points
- Diverse cable routes and pathways
- Onsite Tower Mast
- Onsite Satellite Earth Station
24x7x365 Manned Guards
- Operations Centre manned 24x7x365
- Security guard patrols 24x7x365
- Secure managed delivery and loading area available 24x7x365
Intruder Detection Systems
- Continuous CCTV surveillance of external and internal areas
- Comprehensive intruder detection and alarms to all areas
- 2.4m boundary wall with razor wire
- Road blocker at the site entrance
- Access control using proximity card readers and biometric readers
Fire Detection and Suppression
- Analogue addressable fire detection system in all areas
- Aspirated early warning smoke detection system VESDA (monitored 24x7x365)
- Gas suppression system protects data hall and all technical areas
Set to commence operations in Q1 2024, Raxio DRC will offer its customers an optimized environment for their IT equipment in a state of the art, modular facility, fully equipped with industry best in technology, security, AC/DC power compatibility and redundancy. Raxio DRC will facilitate internet traffic amongst content providers locally and make the internet experience faster, more resilient, and more affordable for all digital users.
Our carrier-neutral data centre is purpose-built and certified to Tier III standards, and offers 99.9% uptime and best-in-class equipment.
The facility offers customers affordable, secure colocation spaces and hosting environments of up to 400 racks to hold all mission-critical IT infrastructure in a 24/7 redundant environment.
Allowing customers to interconnect and choose from a diverse range of carriers.
Tier III standards
To ensure a 24/7, concurrently maintainable and redundant environment with no single points of failure.
Phased capacity rollout to meet current and future customer demands, with the ability to grow within the facility as needs require.
Design PUE ratio of 1.3.
Energy-efficient indirect adiabatic cooling technology with hot aisle containment.
Power distribution via redundant overhead tap-offs fed by busbars.
Able to accommodate racks from 1 kW up to 21 kW per rack.
Racks Standard 600 x 1200mm racks up to 55U. Custom solutions available.
24/7 NOC to ensure optimal performance and prompt troubleshooting.
24/7 CCTV monitoring in addition to onsite security. Up to 7 layers of physical security between the entrance and the servers.
Our cross-connect cable services allow you to make quick, easy and direct connections to carriers, enterprises, content distributors, and cloud service providers. With dedicated CAT5/6 and fibre, we enable you to maximise connectivity and scale your business as quickly as possible. Our facility offers diverse Meet Me rooms to extend redundancy in connectivity and ensure maximal uptime.
Active & dark fibre
Our hosted carriers provide you with active fibre services carrying high SLA thanks to the diverse and redundant paths of connectivity to our data centres. For customers who have the capability to provide their own active equipment, we can also facilitate dark fibre networks to enable full control over services, capacity and routing.
Remote hands support
Our team of trained engineers operate on a 24/7 basis to provide technical support whenever you need it. This ensures your services will run smoothly from anywhere in the world.
Security services & caging
With advanced 24/7 security controls such as CCTV and on-site security, we can give our customers peace of mind and guarantee that their critical assets stay protected. Thanks to a variety of authentication and monitoring systems and physical caging, we ensure the highest levels of security.
We offer private workspaces to help our customers work from our data centre. These spaces include hot desks, meeting rooms, and a large boardroom with a capacity of 12 people.
Lift & shift
Our team of professionals eliminate the hassle and risk of migrating your equipment to our data centres by handling the moving process themselves; helping to reduce the downtime and complexity of setting up IT infrastructure.
Access to third-party services
Raxio is an enabler for doing business within its data centres. Our customers will have unparalleled access to third-party services provided by other customers within the facilities such as:
- Connectivity services
- Cloud compute services such as:
– Software as a service
– Infrastructure as a service
– Platform as a service
– Back up storage
- Disaster recovery
- Cyber security
- Content distribution
Raxio Data Centre is an enterprise-grade data centre coming soon to Kinshasa, DRC.
With daily internet traffic doubling in 2020, and more companies moving towards digital products and services in the DRC, Raxio data centre will provide a critical and missing part of the country’s digital infrastructure needed to support the country’s digital growth with affordable, high quality, co-location environment.
The data centre will facilitate internet traffic amongst content providers locally and internationally and make the internet experience faster, more resilient, and more affordable for all Congolese digital users. When it opens in 2022, Raxio DRC will be the only Tier III certified facility in the country and will operate as carrier-neutral and cloud-neutral with the ability to house around 400 racks at full capacity.
General Manager, DRC
General Manager, DRC
Yannick is General Manager for Raxio DRC. He leads the development and operational management of Raxio’s facilities in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Yannick has 12 years of finance and strategy experience within the telecoms, technology, and finance industries.