On the outskirts of Addis Ababa
Along main fibre route
Tier III Standard
Up to 800 Racks
4 – 21 kW per rack
With colocation demand continuing to grow rapidly, and the onset of new entrants into the telecommunications space, Ethiopia’s economy has reached a prime moment for digital transformation.
ET1 Data Centre key specificationsDownload ET1 Data Sheet
Our 24×7 facility is ideally located along key fibre routes, delivering best-in-class colocation, cross connect, fibre and IT infrastructure services. Raxio Ethiopia can house up to 800 racks and deliver 3MW of IT power. The site offers full redundancy with concurrent maintainability and seven layers of physical security.
- The data centre is located in Addis Ababa inside the ICT park
- Along major fibre routes with Ethio Telecom PoP
- Approximately 30 Minutes away from Bole International Airport
- Purpose build facility from the ground up
- Long term leasehold
- 54U 600x1200mm racks
- Scalable to Double Floor
- 2,000m2 of white space
- Flexible IT space with ability to create bespoke environments as required
Main Structural Features
- Administration block and ancillary buildings are traditional construction
- The data hall and MEP rooms are steel frames with concrete floors with vertical steel plate wall
- 5.6m slab-to-slab height
- Floor loading 15kN/m2
- 33kV utility supply directly fed from the nearest Substation
- 2N power redundancy from MV Transformer, Generator, UPS, Busbar to Rack PDU
- Fully diverse power distribution to technical areas
Fuel Backup Storage
- On-site fuel storage to support 72 hours at full capacity with 24x7x365 fuel delivery
- 7 min UPS autonomy
- 3MW of installed cooling provision initially
Minimum N+1 resilience on all systems
- Humidity in technical space is controlled within the recommended range of ASHRAE TC9.9
- Energy efficient indirect adiabatic cooling
- Environmental Sustainable with PuE of 1.3
- Carrier neutral with 11 connectivity providers terminating fibre to the facility
- With access to multiple global and regional carriers and Internet service providers offering
- Dark Fibre, IP Transit, Peering, CDN, Storage, Virtualised Services (SDN), Voice and Mobile Services
- Access to multiple cloud services through leading public, private and hybrid cloud solution providers
- 2 dedicated Meet Me Rooms
- 2 diverse fibre intake points
- Diverse cable routes and pathways
- Onsite Tower Mast
- Onsite Satellite Earth Station
24x7x365 Manned Guards
- Operations Centre manned 24x7x365
- Security guard patrols 24x7x365
- Secure managed delivery and loading area available 24x7x365
Intruder Detection Systems
- Continuous CCTV surveillance of external and internal areas
- Comprehensive intruder detection and alarms to all areas
- 2.4m boundary wall with razor wire
- Road blocker at the site entrance
- Access control using proximity card readers and biometric readers
Fire Detection & Suppression
- Analogue addressable fire detection system in all areas
- Aspirated early warning smoke detection system VESDA (monitored 24x7x365)
- Gas suppression system protects data hall and all technical areas
Set to be commissioned in 2023, Raxio Ethiopia will offer its customers an optimized environment for their IT equipment in a state-of-the-art, modular facility, fully equipped with the industry’s best in technology, security, AC/DC power compatibility, and redundancy. Customers will be able to cross-connect with local and international carriers and other customers in specially-designed meet-me rooms, making Raxio Ethiopia an integral backbone of the country’s digital economy.
Our carrier-neutral data centre is purpose-built and certified to Tier III standards, and offer 99.9% uptime and best-in-class equipment.
They offer customers affordable, secure colocation spaces and hosting environments of up to 800 racks to hold all mission-critical IT infrastructure in a 24/7 redundant environment.
Allowing customers to interconnect and choose from a diverse range of carriers.
Tier III standards
To ensure a 24/7, concurrently maintainable and redundant environment with no single points of failure.
Phased Capacity Rollout to meet current and future customer demands, with the ability to grow within the facility as needs require.
Design PUE ratio of 1.3.
Energy-efficient indirect adiabatic cooling technology with hot aisle containment.
Power distribution via redundant overhead tap-offs fed by busbars.
Able to accommodate racks from 1 kW up to 21 kW per rack.
Racks Standard 600 x 1200mm racks up to 55U. Custom solutions available.
24/7 NOC to ensure optimal performance and prompt troubleshooting.
24/7 CCTV monitoring in addition to onsite security. Up to 7 layers of physical security between the entrance and the servers.
Our cross-connect cable services allow you to make quick, easy and direct connections to carriers, enterprises, content distributors, and cloud service providers. With dedicated CAT5/6 and fibre, we enable you to maximise connectivity and scale your business as quickly as possible. Our facility offers diverse Meet Me rooms to extend redundancy in connectivity and ensure maximal uptime.
Active & dark fibre
Our hosted carriers provide you with active fibre services carrying high SLA thanks to the diverse and redundant paths of connectivity to our data centres. For customers who have the capability to provide their own active equipment, we can also facilitate dark fibre networks to enable full control over services, capacity and routing.
Remote hands support
Our team of trained engineers operate on a 24/7 basis to provide technical support whenever you need it. This ensures your services will run smoothly from anywhere in the world.
Security services & caging
With advanced 24/7 security controls such as CCTV and on-site security, we can give our customers peace of mind and guarantee that their critical assets stay protected. Thanks to a variety of authentication and monitoring systems and physical caging, we ensure the highest levels of security.
We offer private workspaces to help our customers work from our data centre. These spaces include hot desks, meeting rooms, and a large boardroom with a capacity of 12 people.
Lift & shift
Our team of professionals eliminate the hassle and risk of migrating your equipment to our data centres by handling the moving process themselves; helping to reduce the downtime and complexity of setting up IT infrastructure.
Access to third-party services
Raxio is an enabler for doing business within its data centres. Our customers will have unparalleled access to third-party services provided by other customers within the facilities such as:
- Connectivity services
- Cloud compute services such as:
– Software as a service
– Infrastructure as a service
– Platform as a service
– Back up storage
- Disaster recovery
- Cyber security
- Content Distribution
Raxio Data Centre is an enterprise-grade data centre coming soon to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Raxio operates Ethiopia’s first enterprise and carrier-grade Data Centre facility. As the digital transformation of Ethiopia’s economy continues to accelerate, the data centre is being built to address the vast and growing need for facilities where data supporting this transformation can be stored and processed securely and optimally, 100% of the time. When it opens in 2023, the Data Centre will be the first of its kind in Ethiopia, the only Tier III certified facility in the country will operate as carrier-neutral and cloud-neutral with the ability to house around 800 racks at full capacity.
Raxio will open up new opportunities for financial services, governments and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their mission-critical needs for data storage, business continuity and disaster recovery.
General Manager, Ethiopia
General Manager, Ethiopia
VP Technology & Operations
Latest newsContent hub
22 November 2022 / News
9 March 2021 / News
29 October 2020 / News
General Manager, Ethiopia
Bewket is General Manager of Raxio Ethiopia. He is responsible for executing the strategy and managing daily operation of the facilities. Bewket has over 19 years of leadership and industry experience across telecoms, IT and fintech.
VP Technology & Operations
Bewket oversees the operational management and planning of Raxio Ethiopia’s technical infrastructure. He has more than 20 years of experience in the areas of ICT infrastructure projects and Telecom operations. Previously, Bewket was a Project Leader at Thales Middle East while he was responsible for the design, supervision, and commissioning of Bahrain Airport Data Center and Low voltage systems. Before that, he worked in Adudhabi Airport with Bond communications in similar roles and responsibilities like the one in Bahrain Airport.
As a Sales Manager for Raxio Ethiopia, Mastewal is responsible for overseeing sales & marketing operations in addition to ensuring that all our current and prospect clients are always happy. He has over a decade of experience working with key Industry leading companies operating in Ethiopia’s ICT sector.