Namanve Industrial Park
On the outskirts of Kampala
Along main fibre route
Tier III Standard
Up to 400 Racks
4 – 21 kW per rack
We work to support industries that are facing increasingly complex and unique IT and regulatory challenges. By providing these industries with the technological infrastructure they need to transform their businesses, our data centres will help drive economic growth, social development, and digital transformation throughout Africa.
UG1 Data Centre key specificationsDownload UG1 Data Sheet
Our 24×7 facility is ideally located along key fibre routes, delivering best-in-class colocation, cross connect, fibre and IT infrastructure services. Raxio Uganda can house up to 400 racks and deliver 1.5MW of IT power. The site offers full redundancy with concurrent maintainability and seven layers of physical security.
- The data centre is located 15km from Kampala CBD within the Namanve Industrial Park along the Kampala-Jinja Highway
- Situated in Namanve Industrial Park which is purpose-built for industry
- Along major fibre routes
- Approximately 1hr away from Entebbe International Airport
- Purpose build facility from ground up
- Long term leasehold
- 54U 600x1200mm racks
- Single floor
- 1,000 sqm of white space
- Flexible IT space with ability to create bespoke environments as required
Main Structural Features
- Administration block and ancillary building are traditional construction
- Data hall and MEP rooms is steel frame with concrete floors with vertical steel plate wall
- 5.6m slab to slab height
- Floor loading 15kN/m2
- 33kV utility supply directly fed from the nearest Substation
- 2N power redundancy from MV Transformer, Generator, UPS, Busbar to Rack PDU
- Fully diverse power distribution to technical areas
Fuel Backup Storage
- On-site fuel storage to support 48 hours at full capacity with 24x7x365 fuel delivery
- 7 min UPS autonomy
- 1.7 MW of installed cooling provision initially
- Minimum N+1 resilience on all systems
- Humidity in technical space is controlled within the recommended range of ASHRAE TC9.9
- Energy efficient indirect adiabatic cooling
- Carrier neutral with 11 connectivity providers terminating fibre to the facility
- With access to multiple global and regional carriers and Internet service providers offering
- Dark Fibre, IP Transit, Peering, CDN, Storage, Virtualised Services (SDN), Voice and Mobile Services
- Access to multiple cloud services through leading public, private and hybrid cloud solution providers
- 2 dedicated Meet Me Rooms
- 2 diverse fibre intake points
- Diverse cable routes and pathways
- Onsite 50m tower mast
24x7x365 Manned Guards
- Operations Centre manned 24x7x365
- Security guard patrols 24x7x365
- Secure managed delivery and loading area available 24x7x365
Intruder Detection Systems
- Continuous CCTV surveillance of external and internal areas
- Comprehensive intruder detection and alarms in all areas
- 2.4m boundary wall with razor wire
- Road blocker at the site entrance
- Access control using proximity card readers and biometric readers
Fire Detection and Suppression
- Analogue addressable fire detection system in all areas
- Aspirated early warning smoke detection system VESDA (monitored 24x7x365)
- Gas suppression system protects data hall and all technical areas
With the growth in data usage and storage and the broader digital transformation of businesses and the public sector in Uganda, Raxio Data Centre will be a centre-piece of infrastructure supporting the growth and digitalisation of the Ugandan economy and the goals set in the MoICT Data Strategy.
Our carrier-neutral data centre is purpose-built and certified to Tier III standards, and offer 99.9% uptime and best-in-class equipment.
They offer customers affordable, secure colocation spaces and hosting environments of up to 400 racks to hold all mission-critical IT infrastructure in a 24/7 redundant environment.
Allowing customers to interconnect and choose from a diverse range of carriers.
Tier III standards
To ensure a 24/7, concurrently maintainable and redundant environment with no single points of failure.
Phased Capacity Rollout to meet current and future customer demands, with the ability to grow within the facility as needs require.
Design PUE ratio of 1.3.
Energy-efficient indirect adiabatic cooling technology with hot aisle containment.
Power distribution via redundant overhead tap-offs fed by busbars.
Able to accommodate racks from 1 kW up to 21 kW per rack.
Standard 600 x 1200mm racks up to 58U. Custom solutions available.
24/7 NOC to ensure optimal performance and prompt troubleshooting.
24/7 CCTV monitoring in addition to onsite security. Up to 7 layers of physical security between the entrance and the servers.
Our cross-connect cable services allow you to make quick, easy and direct connections to carriers, enterprises, content distributors, and cloud service providers. With dedicated CAT5/6 and fibre, we enable you to maximise connectivity and scale your business as quickly as possible. Our facility offers diverse Meet Me rooms to extend redundancy in connectivity and ensure maximal uptime.
Active & dark fibre
Our hosted carriers provide you with active fibre services carrying high SLA thanks to the diverse and redundant paths of connectivity to our data centres. For customers who have the capability to provide their own active equipment, we can also facilitate dark fibre networks to enable full control over services, capacity and routing.
Remote hands support
Our team of trained engineers operate on a 24/7 basis to provide technical support whenever you need it. This ensures your services will run smoothly from anywhere in the world.
Security services & caging
With advanced 24/7 security controls such as CCTV and on-site security, we can give our customers peace of mind and guarantee that their critical assets stay protected. Thanks to a variety of authentication and monitoring systems and physical caging, we ensure the highest levels of security.
We offer private workspaces to help our customers work from our data centre. These spaces include hot desks, meeting rooms, and a large boardroom with a capacity of 12 people.
Lift & shift
Our team of professionals eliminate the hassle and risk of migrating your equipment to our data centres by handling the moving process themselves; helping to reduce the downtime and complexity of setting up IT infrastructure.
Access to third-party services
Raxio is an enabler for doing business within its data centres. Our customers will have unparalleled access to third-party services provided by other customers within the facilities such as:
- Connectivity services
- Cloud compute services such as:
– Software as a service
– Infrastructure as a service
– Platform as a service
– Back up storage
- Disaster recovery
- Cyber security
- Content Distribution
Raxio Data Centre is an enterprise-grade data centre located in Namanve, Uganda.
As the digital transformation of the Ugandan economy continues to accelerate, the data centre is built to address the vast and growing need for facilities where data supporting this transformation can be stored and processed securely and optimally, 100% of the time. Opened in 2021, the Data Centre is the first of its kind in Uganda, the only Tier III certified facility in the country that operates as carrier-neutral and cloud-neutral with the ability to house around 400 racks at full capacity.
Raxio will open up new opportunities for financial services, governments and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their mission-critical needs for data storage, business continuity and disaster recovery.
General Manager, Uganda
Latest newsContent hub
14 September 2021 / News
12 March 2021 / News
28 November 2020 / Insights
10 November 2020 / News
10 November 2020 / News
General Manager, Uganda
Godfrey is the General Manager of Uganda. He oversees the daily business and commercial operations and works closely with customers to ensure exceptional service delivery. He has over 20 years of experience in the IT and Telecom industry.
Before joining Raxio, he was the managing director at at Echotel Proprietary and iWayAfrica and is the current chairman Internet Service Provider’s Association and a founding Chairman of the Local ISC2 (CISSP) Chapter Uganda.
Ken serves as Non-Executive Director of Raxio Uganda and is the Founder of Roke Investments. As a seasoned entrepreneur and business executive, he brings a wealth of experience doing business in East Africa and in particular, within the IT sector. He serves on several boards as a Chairman of Roke Investments, Trade-Lance, CEO Yetu, and Managing Director of Kenkom. Ken also serves on the investment committee of Sprout Capital Investments.